We are all aware of the CBD product boom in the markets for a while now (if you aren't aware - that's OK, but the legalization of hemp based CBD is a real big deal for us at ReeferLocal). As people are discovering more of its wide range of potential benefits, they are drawing more towards using this substance containing the non-psychoactive cannabinoids.
CBD has rapidly made its reputation as a common household name. From ill patients to senior members, medical professionals, and fitness enthusiasts and just about everyone, CBD seems to be helpful for nearly everything and everyone. The steady stream of CBD products flooding the market is testimony to the fact that a significant number of people find this compound beneficial.
You can purchase CBD in a variety of forms, and each type can have specific benefits for every person. However, based on its increasing popularity, people believe that CBD wax is among the most advantageous forms of CBD.
So what exactly is the CBD wax, and how can you benefit from it? Read on to find out.
CBD Wax- What It IS
For the very beginners, CBD wax is merely a cannabis concentrate. The attribute owing to its vast popularity is the heightened potency present in it. The primary benefit with CBD wax is that you get to consume high levels of the compound but a lesser volume, due to the high concentration it contains. In simple words, you can achieve more significant results with lesser CBD.
Production of CBD Wax
There are several extraction techniques, which one can apply to derive CBD. However, the fundamental process includes using a solvent to blast the plant material. We refer to this system as the “closed-loop extraction.” These are the most common techniques of making CBD wax:
- C02 Extraction: Producers of CBD wax vastly prefer this method. For this, they have to use pressurized carbon so that they can separate draw out the terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids. Next, they have to use heat and pressure to turn the CO2 into a supercritical state, which means that it turns into a liquid and gas state simultaneously. And this is the reason why producers have named this as the “supercritical CO2 extraction.”
- BHO (Butane Hash Oil) Extraction: As evident in the name, this extraction technique uses butane to extract all of the essential oil, which the cannabis plant contains. These also include terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids. The producers then leave the butane to evaporate, and the result they achieve is a substance containing high concentration. Although many people rate BHO as a popular technique, it, however, comes with several flaws. There is always the risk of explosion during the process, which is why no residual butane must remain in the concentration. People must understand and be aware of the fact that butane is toxic to human beings. Despite these drawbacks, however, BHO extraction has retained its popularity for a long while now.
Types of Wax
There are not many varieties of CBD wax, but it is still essential to know the difference between each to make an informed choice when the need arises.
Manufacturers do not generally list their goods as “CBD Wax.” You will instead find products such as CBD budder, CBD shatter, and CBD live resin, and also CBD crumble.
- CBD Budder- Producers make CBD budder at tremendously high pressures with purging hemp and air pressure. The result you will see is a fluffy wax quite similar to butter consistency.
- CBD Shatter- CBD shatter is quite different structure-wise to wax. Similar to its name, CBD shatter resembles broken glass. Manufacturers produce this by using heat or chemicals to extract the oil. When the substance begins to harden, it starts looking much like glass in amber hue. When the user heats the shatter for application, it seems pretty much like thick, gooey honey. Learn about the differences between CBD Wax and Shatter.
- CBD Crumble- CBD crumble uses a similar technique to budder but only with CBD oil that is pre-surged. It contains more viscosity and moisture, and the result is a crumbly kind of product, having the consistency of feta cheese.
- Live Resin - Manufacturers freeze-dry hemp first while it is still fresh when they want to make CBD live resin. When producers freeze hemp first, they increase the preservation of terpenes and cannabinoids this way and create what we call “crème de la crème.” And this is generally the reason why this process is costly.
One of the most popular means of consuming CBD is in the form of wax because it gives you more significant results with a lesser intake. While there are a few different ways in which you can consume CBD wax, the most popular way is to dab. Click here to learn the effects and benefits of dabbing CBD wax, as well as safety tips for CBD dabs. Dabbing technically means flash vaporization of the wax when you apply it to a fiery surface and inhale.
We hope you enjoyed the Ultimate Guide to CBD Wax.